The aim of the workshop is to support families who are encountering difficulties in relation to the provision of health, social care and education support services. The workshop isn’t about giving legal advice or solving individual issues, but about general strategies that parents can use to get the services that they need for their child and family. By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify commonly occurring problems facing families accessing
- services and recognise different types of dispute
- Come up with problem-solving approaches to these problems
- Use a number of template letters when corresponding with public bodies
The workshop includes working on a case study.
Tuesday 5th July 2022, 10am-12:30pm
How to access the talk
You do not need a Zoom login to join a meeting.
1) Download the Zoom app to your device/pc. It is available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. If you are unable to install the app, you can access Zoom meetings via their website, however certain features may not be available.
2) Click/tap on the join link that we have emailed you. The Zoom app should open and prompt you to join the meeting if it has started. If this doesn’t work, you can manually enter the meeting ID and password into the app/website.
3) If you haven’t used zoom before, you may be prompted to allow access to your microphone and camera – choose yes. You can mute your mic and hide your feed whilst listening if you prefer.
A more in-depth guide can be found here if you are having trouble.