Autism South East are delighted to be facilitating an overnight (or afternoon) autism family camp.
• We will be camping at Hopehill scout campsite, South Street, Wrotham Road, Meopham DA130QJ. Arrival from 12pm on Saturday with departure up to 2pm on Sunday. The whole family are welcome to join us for this event.
• Saturday afternoon family visitors are welcome for those whose child(ren) would struggle with camping. Please do book to reserve a place below. Please note that your children are your responsibility at all times.
• Picnics are welcome but please dispose of or remove any rubbish. You’re welcome to bring your own outdoor toys, footballs and games.
• As always we hope to create an inclusive and understanding environment where families can feel supported in a non judgemental space. Please be understanding of any difficulties other families may be facing. Children may find sleeping in a tent too much so there is the possibility of unavoidable disturbance during the night. Please be understanding.
• The camping field is an open space with water taps throughout. There are single sex toilets and showers in the toilet block. We also have access to the campsites woodland area which is available throughout. There are public footpaths through the campsite and the main entrance will need to be open throughout the day so please be aware that the site is not secure.
• Please dispose of all rubbish in the bins on site or take it home with you. We want to leave the site as lovely as when we arrived.
• On arrival at the car park please drive safely and park with consideration for others. The site has trollies available to transport equipment to your camping area (please just choose an area on the camping field). Once you have unloaded please immediately return the trolley to where you got it from.
Food arrangements are you down to you, as you know best. There is a fish and chip shop tel 01474 813810, Chinese tel 01474 812174, Indian tel 01474 812840 and pizza takeaway tel 01474 815000 as well as a Tesco Metro and a Spar shop nearby (a drive away) in Meopham. We will have use of a small hut with a kitchen area, stove/cooker, a refrigerator, kettle and microwave.
The nearest Minor Injuries unit is Bath St, Gravesend DA11 0DG 8am-8pm and Accident and Emergency is Darenth Valley Darenth Wood Rd, Dartford DA2 8DA.
Due to the increased risk of fire, please do not use disposable BBQs. There are BBQs available on site which can be used.
Terms and Conditions
Those camping MUST have parental control and parental responsibility at ALL times.
The site is alcohol free. Smokers please be respectful and dispose of butts properly.
Registered therapy dogs are permitted but please do notify us if you will be bringing a therapy dog.
No bikes or scooters on site or please.
We will have a variety of activities arranged. Some are activities may be instructor led and their direction must be followed at all times. Bookings are open to ALL children and are on a first come basis, parental oversight is required at all times.
Instructors will work with you to keep everyone safe and as included as possible.
Confirmed activities include: Lego zone, retro gaming consoles, art zone, pedal go karts, Nerf gun range, tennis ball maze, Bouncy Castle and Medieval Siege Society.
Archery & Air-Rifing will be available for both overnight and afternoon visitors, however these will require pre-booking. The link to do so will be sent to you after booking for Camp.
At 2pm there will be a water fight (please bring your own soakers); meet at the signed rendezvous point. Please remember changes of clothing and towels and that you are responsible for your own child(ren) throughout.
Kent Scouts Inclusion Team will be creating a safe/chill out space with dark dens, sensory toys and soft lighting.
Overnight camp will run between 12:00 on Saturday 20/08/22 and 14:00 on the commencing Sunday. For afternoon camp, please arrive on or past 13:00 on Saturday 20/08/22 and leave no later than 17:00.
Images and a map of the site can be found below the booking section below.
Pre-booking is required for this event – please choose your tickets below:
[tc_ticket id=”5233″ title=”Overnight Camp £15″ type=”buynow”]BOOKING CLOSED [tc_ticket id=”5231″ title=”Afternoon Camp £5″ type=”buynow”]
please buy a ticket for each person attending
1. Main Hall- cinema club Saturday evening. Side hall for retro gaming consoles, Lego area and arts and craft table. Open all weekend
2. Main toilet block-including disabled toilet. Also outdoor washing up sinks. Open all weekend
3. Field kitchen “Hutch”. Cooker, fridge, kettle, storage. Open all weekend
6. Carpark. Park nearest the logpile (10) to unload camping equipment. Trollies to transport equipment are by the logpile. Please return as soon as you have unloaded
7. Chapel- a lovely tree surrounded chapel area
9. Warden’s hut
10. Woodpile for use at campfires. Please do not collect wood from anywhere else
13. Rifle range
14. Archery range
15. Activity field. For picnics and various activities. Please feel free to bring footballs, bats and balls etc. Please no bikes or scooters
16. n/a-though this area should be open and is a pleasant area to walk in (there may be other groups using this area)
17. The main campfire circle.
18. Centenary Woods
19. OUR campsite field. PLEASE NOTE if you would like a quieter area please camp at the far end of the field (furthest away from the toilet block)
20. Open for walks (there may be other groups using this area)